Daily Prompt: Cupid’s Arrow
It’s Valentine’s Day, so write an ode to someone or something you love. Bonus points for poetry!
If you had asked me ten years ago if I now would be wed,
My answer would have been simply “Are you sick in the head?”
Here I am now, almost four years married to a wonderful man.
Not even certain how the story quite began.
We were just friends, introduced by friends of each.
With God’s hands in the plot,
Oh who would ever have thought.
One Thanksgiving weekend, both being alone,
Would be the start of our future and build our new home.
We joked and we laughed about getting together.
We were constantly watching the Winter Weather.
I boarded a plane to head to Tennessee.
Such a beautiful place, I was ever to see.
The entire weekend, we ate and we laughed.
The arrow had landed that would last and last.
It will be four years this coming June that I said “I do”..
To start a new life and bid adieu.
To a single life that I knew so well, where I did not date.
The thoughts of marriage or dating were not mine to debate.
To those who are single I have these few words to say.
Enjoy the life God has given you each and every day.
If you have faith for God to do His will to be done,
When God feels it is time, it will be the special one.
To those of you who are married, enjoy this special day.
Make your mate feel loved in a special way.
This morning my hubby came in to say “I love you” and looked at my hair.
I had just gotten up, it was quite a scare.
He told me he loved me, more than life itself. Yet my hair looked like DC after the rain.
I laughed, told him I was about to shower, and I was not vain.
Life will be good for each day we start our marriage all over again.
- Happy Valentine’s Day! (glambergirlblog.com)
- Cupid shoots flattenme arrow from personalized books to personalized gifts for Valentine’s Day (prweb.com)
- Happy Valentine’s Day – with a song. (everanewblog.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt ; Cupid’s Arrow / The Daily Post (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Happy St Valentine’s Day to you all . . . are you in the mood for love AND chocolate? (freernutrition.typepad.com)
- I’m in Love… (purdueavenue.com)
- A Valentine’s Day Gift from Second Wind and Cupid (secondwindpub.wordpress.com)
- Cupid’s Arrow (simplyblessed.heartsdeesire.com)
- Daily Prompt-Cupid’s Arrow (thecheekydiva.com)
- Valentine Haiku (kansamuse.wordpress.com)