You can’t find these in a store…only from a Chocolatier.
Turn to your co-workers, kids, Facebook friends, family — anyone who’s accessible — and ask them to suggest an article, an adjective, and a noun. There’s your post title! Now write.
When I walked in and asked hubby about what he would like me to blog about today the only response I received was “It is exactly 48 hours till MikeFest 2013“.
When I asked him if that is what he wanted me to write about, his answer was “Of Course”.
LIVE MUSIC, FOOD, VENDORS, RAFFLES, KIDDY ATRACTIONS & MORE
This year’s local cause is for Wounded Warrior, SGT Keith Hale
Vendors / Crafters Apply for this year’s Mikefest Concert
All non-food vendors / crafters. No set up fees. Just a Donation Basket of your products, $100.00 retail value for the Raffles. Call for Details.
Contact: Emmanuel or Tammye Green @ 931-552-9598, Verizon 270-881-2911 or 518-435-5455
More Information about Mikefest @ https://www.facebook.com/events/503237309743947/
Saturday May 4th , 12 Noon till 10 PM
Over 10 Straight hours of live music.
This years line up so far, more to be added:
Ben Gallaher @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGdW-nTYfuc
Oblivion Myth @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfe4XT4XNrY
Dogs at Bay
Transend the Fallen
For Lack of Lithym
Awaken @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8z5QhDsaH0
Plus performers playing off stage around the Fest.
Thank you to our Sponsors / Vendors / Crafters, so far
We Urge you to Visit their Booth and Support Their Business.
1. ManCave: Guide Will J. Brant @ www.facebook.com/mancaveguide
2. Scentsy/Velata: Tammye Green, Independent Certified Consultant. @https://eman.scentsy.us/ & https://eman.velata.us/
3. Thirty One: Chantelle R. Dempsey, Independent Consultant,@http://www.Mythirtyone.com/314149
4. Paparazzi Accessories: Aimee Miller, Premier Director & Lisa Mannion, Independent Consultant @ https://facebook.com/paparazzibyAimeeM
5. Tupperware: Michele Turk, Consultant @ http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/M/michelegreg-welcome.html
6. Origami Owl: – Lisa Clarke, Independent Designer #3986 @https://www.facebook.com/OrigamiOwlLisaClarkeIndependentDesigner
7. It Works!: Carolyn Evens, Independent Distributer @https://flabuless.myitworks.com/Home
8. ACE: Beth Vincent, Senior Associate @ https://tgifvincentace.storenvy.com/
9. Need Something Framed & More: Silvi Mize, Owner @https://www.facebook.com/needsomethingframedANDmore?fref=ts
10. Arica Langelier, Realtor PenFed Realty, Real-estate
11. Crafts Galore and Soaps & More: Brenda Duckett, Owner @https://www.facebook.com/CraftsGaloreSoapsAndMore?notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite
12. Lemongrass Spa Products: Charla Pugh, Sales Consultant @
13. Mary Kay: Melissa Arrington, Independent Beauty Consultant @http://www.marykay.com/marrington2
14. Honey Bears Boutique: Linda Walker, Owner @https://www.facebook.com/HoneyBearsBoutique
15. Raving Wolf’s Varity, Custom handmade Native American and Biker Jewelry: Ravingwolf, Artist, Designer, Owner @ http://stores.ebay.com/ravingwolfs-variety
16, ViSalus: Craig Critchfield, Independent Promoter @http://newyounowwithvisalus.bodybyvi.com/
17. La Bella Baskets: Michelle Rose & Lelia Restivo Consultants @http://www.michellerose.labellabaskets.com/ & http://www.leliaslovely.labellabaskets.com/
18. Jladycreations: Jacki Lowner, Designer/Owner. One of a kind jewelry @https://www.facebook.com/jladycreations?fref=ts
19. Blackfire Bakery: The Foxworth Family, Owners @https://www.facebook.com/BlackfireBakery
20. Jenny Lander’s Gems: Jenny Lander, Owner/Designer. Custom made jewelry @www.jennylandersgems.com
Reserve your spot now. Limited Openings, on a first come bases, no duplications of vendors.
These businesses will not have a booth at Mikefest 2013, but have made generous donations to the cause. A very BIG Thank YOU.
1. Thirty One: Christy Pouw, Consultant @ https://www.mythrityone.com/129336/
2. AVON: Angela Shelton, Independent Sales Represented @www.youravon.com/angelashelton
3. The Pampered Chef: Angela Davis, Independent Senior Consultant @www.pamperedchef.biz/anjenskitchen
4. Tupperware: Eman & Tammye Green, Independent Consultants @http://www.emanthetupperwareman.com/
5. Dove Chocolate Discoveries: Sharon Rowley, Independent Chocolatier @http://mydcdsite.com/chocolatelovers
This year’s Mikefest 2013 Official Event Photographers: ….So Smile…Thank You…
Sharper Edge Photography:
So grab your lawn chair, and get ready to be entertained with a whole day of music and fun.
No outside beverages
Just Google Map or MapQuest.
3825 Old Dover Road North Woodlawn, TN 37191
Non-food Vendor Coordinator
Hope to see everyone there rain or shine.
Here are what other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
Have you ever had a random encounter or fleeting moment with a stranger that stuck with you?
The delivery of baskets yesterday was just one day of many that we have had for https://www.facebook.com/Mikefest2013?fref=ts
Not only do we have Businesses who want to be vendors at the festival. We have businesses who have other commitments and will not be joining us that day.
The donations this year are incredible. Despite everything going on in the world, kindness still does exist.
I have felt an abundance of kindness and caring from people that I have met, friendships that I have made that would have never have happened otherwise.
Taking the time to sit and hear each of their stories of how they got into business, their health problems that they have been through that have brought them to the place where they want to give back. It has been priceless.
I am just a mere penny in a fountain. When you add all the pennies together though you do have a wish that has come true.
Help from just one day
The rest have already been delivered as we ran out of room.
Thank you and a list will be made very soon of all of the Donations that were made besides the participating Vendors.
With only a few more vendor spots to fill and just 12 more days to fill them we are confident that this is going to be a great year.
Wounded Warrior Sgt. Keith Hale and His Family were the recipient for the Mike Fest 2013. If you would like to be a part, let us know.
Would love to meet you and get to know your story also.
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – Hard-rock bands from the Nashville and Clarksville areas will perform at the fifth-annual Mikefest on Saturday, May 4, to raise money for Sgt. Keith Hale and his family.
The outdoor event, at 3825 Old Dover Road North in Woodlawn, just south of Fort Campbell, will feature several hard-rock bands from the Nashville/Clarksville areas.
Bands confirmed to play include: Mindset Defect, Killing Grace and Transcend the Fallen.
Although admission is free, donations are accepted, and all proceeds will go to Sgt. Keith Hale and his family. Hale was wounded in Iraq during June 2010.
Several vendors will be selling food and drinks, and raffles and live music will be provided for crowds to enjoy during the festival.
Each year, hundreds of people attend to show their support for local music and businesses and America’s troops. This is an all-ages festival, and families are welcome. Violence, gang colors and drugs are strictly prohibited.
Mikefest is a free, annual event created by Byron and Melissa Russell in remembrance of Michael Charles Russell, who passed away during their vacation while on a ride at Disney World, due to a non-diagnosed heart condition. Rather than mourning Michael’s passing, they now celebrate his life by remembering him through this fundraiser, which benefits a different charity each year.
“Since the passing of our son, Michael, in 2006 we have received a tremendous amount of support from the Clarksville, Fort Campbell and Woodlawn communities. So in 2008, we decided to stop mourning his loss and celebrate his life with local charities each year,” the Russells said.
Here are what some other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
Now it is Time for the letter T…
You’ve inherited $5 million, with instructions that you must give it all away — but you can choose any organizations you like to be the beneficiaries. Where does the money go?
Wow with that amount of money it was a tough question.
1. Mike Fest 2013 (Would set it up so each year a recipient would receive a set amount). This year is Wounded Warrior Sgt. Keith Hale.
2. Paws with a Cause Local Chapter Max’s Hope
The other charities I would have to think about for a bit and ponder. My reason for this is that I have a problem with Administrative fees. With these two that I have chosen, the money goes directly to the cause at hand for what is intended.
Have a Blessed and Happy weekend and stay safe.
Here are what other Daily Prompt Writers had to say on the subject:
Tell us about another blogger who has influenced your own online journey.
There were actually two who inspired me enough to start blogging.
I actually met http://momoftwosalums.com/2013/03/26/martha-stewart-inspired-creamer/ on Facebook first and started following the craft a month ideas.
That led me to Word Press and gave me the idea to start wanting to put my cookbook down in words and videos as well as my teaching of sewing and crocheting.
I met http://stuphblog.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/a-nostalgic-song/ just as I started to blog. I have been reading daily every since and have been inspired to blog daily due to him.
Who influenced you to blog? Who has driven you to put your thoughts down on the internet?
Would love to hear…
Here are what some early bird Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
Do you feel like you “get” social media, or do you just use it because that’s where all your friends and family are?
There are so many new forms of Social media today that are available to the general public. We use the social media every day for advertising as well as for my blogs. We also use it to tell the world about Mike Fest 2013 since we are trying to do a fundraiser for Wounded Warrior Sgt. Keith Hale
It is useful to keep track of what my oldest daughter and her family are doing on a regular basis.
What are your thoughts on social media? What do you use the most and what do you use it for?
Would love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment please.
Here are some thoughts from other Daily Prompt Writers:
Independent Pampered Chef Consultant
Inspiration through my thoughts, experiences and travels
A Blog about Music and Popular Culture
Learn and Grow with Crochet by Challenging Yourself
You can do it - Here's how!
Learning as I age
Gave birth. Totally transcendent. Moving on...
Read. Read. Read. Just don't read one type of book. Read different books by various authors so that you develop different styles by R. L. Stine
Taking the wrecking ball approach on curated life
Reality, Experiences, & Dreams
Inspiring mental health through creative arts and friendly interactions. (Award free blog)