Daily Prompt: The Stat Connection
Go to your Stats page and check your top 3-5 posts. Why do you think they’ve been successful? Find the connection between them, and write about it.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us CONNECTIONS.
Since my hand is in the “new” soft cast it is impossible to get it near the keyboard.
I am behind in blogging and do apologize.
The throbbing is like a toothache combined with a migraine and earache but in the hand.
They are guessing three weeks of this till I have my hand back.
At least when I hit it now, there is more padding,
So to answer the Daily Prompt: My Top Ten
They have no real connection or link.
Would love to hear how you are doing…will be back soon…
http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/daily-prompt-connection/ is where you can find out what other Daily Prompt Writers had to say.
Daily Prompt: Barter System
If the world worked on a barter system, how would you fare?
Would you have services to barter?
Would you be successful, or would you struggle?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us SKILL.
The old saying is that you get farther with honey than vingegar.
If you have a bee hive then you have gold.
We have customers who trade us products for some pretty strange items and services.
I am currently in the market to barter for a dishwasher and a dryer…wish me luck.
Here are what a few other Daily Prompt Writers Had to Say:
(To see full list http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/daily-prompt-skill/)
- Daily Prompt: Skill | Postcards from
- Barter System | Geek Ergo Sum
- 8 july Daily Prompt: Barter System | family photos food & craft
- Daily Prompt: Skill | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Daily Post – Barter System | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Barter System | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Barter System « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Barter System – show us SKILL. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Jack Of All Trades | Mindful Splatter
- Give and Let Give. | ayimas
- Could I Pay My Electric Bill With A Short Story? | The Jittery Goat
- I will trade | Pink Woods
- Bartering to live | Nanuschka’s Blog
- If You ‘Like’ This Post, I’ll Check Out Your Blog | downtownnokomis
- Daily Prompt: What Will You Gimme? | One Starving Activist
- Drafting… | Haiku By Ku
- Even Trades [Daily Prompt: Barter System] | unknowinglee
- Runs good– or can be planted | Relax…
- skills for trade | thematticuskingdom
- Peter the Sailmaker | The Life NomadikThe Life Nomadik
This is something that has been going on for decades, yet is making a come back in today’s world.
Would love to hear what you think.
Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone
If you could live a nomadic life, would you?
Where would you go? How would you decide?
What would life be like without a “home base”?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us TRAVEL.
We happen to know several couples who own an RV (Recreational Vehicle) and travel back and forth from each of their childrens homes across the United States.
To constantly be in a trailer, mobile home or what ever you want to call it is not what lifestyle I would ever want.
Granted, they have no mortgage (unless they owe on the RV) and only have to pay for car gasoline.
They do not have to pay property taxes, just for the license of the RV.
I think that it takes a certain type of person, one who loves camping to live like this.
To always be on the road and traveling. To stop at various cities and not know anyone.
It is a special type of person who really enjoys this lifestyle and would not buy a home again.
Sometimes it is all about the ability to keep up the home. (Although, you have to maintain an RV also).
I prefer to be able to walk into my own back yard and take my doggies (and kitties) for a walk.
When I walk them it is all four of them. The cats do their duty at the same times as the dogs.
The dogs love being able to play in the neighbors hayfield and the neighbor does not mind either.
He says it looks like our dogs are patrolling their property and they feel safer because of it.
I like having roots here and a place where my children could come to visit if they wanted to for a vacation.
I love the weather in Tennessee, especially in the Winter.
While locals think we are having terrible weather or temperatures, I am enjoying not having snow to my waist.
Here are what some other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
(To see the full list check out http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/daily-prompt-travel/).
- My Life is a Rolling Stone (with no commitments): Daily Prompt | Texan in Tokyo
- Dogwalking, Bright light, Harsh shadows |
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | Under the Monkey Tree
- Oh, Him And Her And Them? They’re Just My Home… | All Those Small Things
- Lost in the Thought of Africa | Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone « Mama Bear Musings
- Nomadic life: the importance of a base | Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
- Daily Prompt – Rolling Stone | Kate Murray
- I’ll go with you | clarior e tenebris
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone ~ #photography | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- Papa was a Rolling Stone… | The Rider
- Adventures in Paradise | The Jittery Goat
- Semi-permanence and the expat | A Girl and Her Travels
- Daily Prompt: Travel « Vicariously Poetic
- Let’s go | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: Ramblin’ Rose | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt Writing: The Nomadic Life | Lifeinpawprints’s Weblog
- Catherine B.’s Blog | The Nomad | Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone
- A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss | A Day in the Life
- Totally Normal! | Daily Prompt | Alaskan Wilderness
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
Daily Prompt: Tables Turned
Are as comfortable in front of a camera as behind one?
Being written about, as well as writing?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us DISCOMFORT.
He is the creative advertiser in our family and I am the blogger.
Here are what a few early morning Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
(Check here for more throughout the day http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/daily-prompt-discomfort/)
- Catherine B.’s Blog | Tables Turned | Daily Prompt
- Daily Prompt: Tables Turned | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Control of the Situation | Daily Prompt: Tables Turned | likereadingontrains
- Hide | Script Under Construction
- Tables turned | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Tables Turned | suzie81’s Blog
- Daily Promtp: Tables Turned « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Tables Turned « Vicariously Poetic
- Daily Prompt: Tables Turned | George and Nigel
Thank you for reading and for all the great comments,
Daily Prompt: From the Gut
Tell us about the last time you had a real, deep, crying-from-laughing belly laugh.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us JOYFUL.
The last time that I laughed really hard was when I had company and she showed me a video
I thought it was very sweet at the end with the message to their mother.
This tells me that I have not laughed hard since shortly after Mother’s Day.
Here are what other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
(check here for more throughout the day http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/daily-prompt-joyful/
- Drool-worthy |
- Daily Prompt: From the Gut – show us JOYFUL. | masadiso79’s Blog
- From the Gut – The Vampire Butterfly | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Joyful | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- 4.7 Daily Prompt: From the Gut | family photos food & craft
- Daily Prompt: From the Gut | George and Nigel
- Hysterical Joy | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Joyful, A Poem | Vicariously Poetic
- Washday… maybe a few clean jokes too… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: From the Gut | Under the Monkey Tree
- Let’s face it, farting is funny. | thoughtsofrkh
- Neighbelline | Daily Prompt: From the Gut | likereadingontrains
- What Buddies Will Do For Each Other | The Jittery Goat
- The Belly Laugh | Marriage in Limbo: The In-Between State
- From the gut in a most unexpected place | Nanuschka’s Blog
- LOL | Spunky Wayfarer
Hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July. Remember to keep your pets safe.
Answer the poll below, then expand on your thoughts and feelings about whether or not the internet is ruining our focus and our ability to relate to other humans in an original blog post on your site.
Be sure to tag your entry with DPchallenge.
I want to hear your comments on this.
There are aspects that I am not happy with, that is true with any network.
There are simple changes that could be made to make life easier.
I got married, some of my friends do not recognize my new last name.
I am blocked from adding friends.
This does not stop me from using the network.
Life goes on.
So check back later to see more at http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/01/gap-facebook/
So will you keep this to yourself or will you share it?
Thanks for reading and for all the great comments,
Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest?
What makes a blog great?
What makes you follow a blog or “Like” a post?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us GREATNESS.
I have to admit, today I hit like on the Daily Prompt Post as this one really made me stop and think.
The article or series of pictures really has to touch me. I
If I am in a hurry, sadly sometimes I want to leave a comment but don’t.
Sometimes it is late at night and so dark in my office that I can barely see my keyboard.
The best I can do at the time is hit like and have the best intentions to go back later and comment.
Sadly, old age or other obsticles get in the way like 4 hours of sleep and the thought pattern is not the same in the morning.
If the article holds my attention and leaves me wanting it to never end…it is an awesome one.
It does not necessarily have to be eye catching to do this.
When I feel like I can smell the surroundings, hear the sounds and reach out and touch the items of the story…you have me.
Would love to hear what my readers have to say about what grabs them.
Leave me a comment and let me know please.
I love hearing from you.
Here are what other Daily Prompt Writers Had to say:
- Daily Prompt: Great or greatest – Teach me something or make me laugh | mindurspirit
- 1 July Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? | family photos food & craft
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Recipe for a great blog. | The untold, the unsaid…
- One of the ‘Great’ or ‘Big’ *smile | Chicomallorca’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? | Faraziyya
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? – show us GREATNESS. | masadiso79’s Blog
- A Ten-Minute Poem | just another outlet
- Give a little bit of yourself to me | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- The Greatest? | Musings of a Suburban Creampuff
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? | Postcards from
- Why Do You Like This? [Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest?] | unknowinglee
- What Makes A Good Blog? – I Want Blood, Not Catsup | The Jittery Goat
- why follow? | Prayers and Promises
- The Greatest… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? | Quirky Brunette
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? | Under the Monkey Tree
- Phoneography Weekly: Not exactly timber |
- Daily Prompt: Great or Greatest? | بيسان
- Why am I following? | New Visions
- Blogging Does Not Make One Great | Stuphblog
- Great or Greatest? | bheehappy
- Daily Post: Great or Greatest? | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Compelling | Maine Forest Cafe
I only grabbed the first 25 so go check out the rest too…there were a lot more…