Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone
If you could live a nomadic life, would you?
Where would you go? How would you decide?
What would life be like without a “home base”?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us TRAVEL.
We happen to know several couples who own an RV (Recreational Vehicle) and travel back and forth from each of their childrens homes across the United States.
To constantly be in a trailer, mobile home or what ever you want to call it is not what lifestyle I would ever want.
Granted, they have no mortgage (unless they owe on the RV) and only have to pay for car gasoline.
They do not have to pay property taxes, just for the license of the RV.
I think that it takes a certain type of person, one who loves camping to live like this.
To always be on the road and traveling. To stop at various cities and not know anyone.
It is a special type of person who really enjoys this lifestyle and would not buy a home again.
Sometimes it is all about the ability to keep up the home. (Although, you have to maintain an RV also).
I prefer to be able to walk into my own back yard and take my doggies (and kitties) for a walk.
When I walk them it is all four of them. The cats do their duty at the same times as the dogs.
The dogs love being able to play in the neighbors hayfield and the neighbor does not mind either.
He says it looks like our dogs are patrolling their property and they feel safer because of it.
I like having roots here and a place where my children could come to visit if they wanted to for a vacation.
I love the weather in Tennessee, especially in the Winter.
While locals think we are having terrible weather or temperatures, I am enjoying not having snow to my waist.
Here are what some other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
(To see the full list check out http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/daily-prompt-travel/).
- My Life is a Rolling Stone (with no commitments): Daily Prompt | Texan in Tokyo
- Dogwalking, Bright light, Harsh shadows |
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | Under the Monkey Tree
- Oh, Him And Her And Them? They’re Just My Home… | All Those Small Things
- Lost in the Thought of Africa | Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone « Mama Bear Musings
- Nomadic life: the importance of a base | Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
- Daily Prompt – Rolling Stone | Kate Murray
- I’ll go with you | clarior e tenebris
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone ~ #photography | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- Papa was a Rolling Stone… | The Rider
- Adventures in Paradise | The Jittery Goat
- Semi-permanence and the expat | A Girl and Her Travels
- Daily Prompt: Travel « Vicariously Poetic
- Let’s go | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: Ramblin’ Rose | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt Writing: The Nomadic Life | Lifeinpawprints’s Weblog
- Catherine B.’s Blog | The Nomad | Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone
- A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss | A Day in the Life
- Totally Normal! | Daily Prompt | Alaskan Wilderness
- Daily Prompt: Rolling Stone | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss