Daily Prompt: The Road Less Traveled
Pinpoint a moment in your past where you had to make a big decision.
Write about that other alternate life that could have unfolded.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us OTHER.
A short story of fiction, to fit the occasion.
It was a stormy evening, much like the past week of every evening there being storms.
She laid curled up in the bed with her dogs thinking about her day.
She thought about the turmoil that her hubby’s drinking caused each day.
It had not started this way. She had no clues in the beginning to know.
He did not drink at all the entire time they had dated, right into their first year of marriage.
Had it been the four friends who had died within a month of each other?
Was it the straw that broke the camels back to make him lose his will power?
Rationing seemed to work some days, then there were the days that he was too much.
She would walk out and just hand him the small remains of the bottle to have a moments peace.
As she looked around at the devastation going on around the world she wondered if it was better elsewhere.
To start again, at her age. The thought sounded so exhausting.
She watched her friends and their relationships.
Some appeared happy, yet she felt a sense that all was not right with them either.
She looked around her own life and thought about what was good.
She looked at what had been built by the two of them in a relatively short time.
Perhaps running away was not the answer.
She prayed daily for an answer and each night before she closed her eyes.
Hoping that God would show her what was the right thing to do
She had a lot invested in the relationship just to call it quits.
It was a long and winding road ahead and she knew it.
Was it a fork in the road where she had to make a decision?
Could it be that just a few trees had fallen to block the path she was currently on?
She decided to just rely on her faith to get her through.
She would let God handle the situation as she had in the past.
She knew this was the only answer that made sense to her.
Here are what some other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
(Check here http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/07/02/daily-prompt-other/ to see more)
- Daily Prompt: The Road Less Traveled | Chicomallorca’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: The Road Less Traveled | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Daily Prompt: The Road Less Traveled | George and Nigel
- The Road Less Traveled | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: The Road Less Traveled « Mama Bear Musings
- The day I took a different road | Feel & Rebuild Your Self Confidence
- The Runaway | The Jittery Goat
- Too Good To | clarior e tenebris
- Daily Prompt: Other | Postcards from
- Fourteen years | The numpty with a camera and a laptop
- Crystal ball | Musings of a Suburban Creampuff
- Fork in the Road [Daily Prompt: The Road Less Traveled] | unknowinglee
- Boat Punk Culture | The Life NomadikThe Life Nomadik
- You’ll take the high road and I’ll take the low road… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: The Road Less Traveled | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Meeting a Chatmate | just another outlet
- Daily Prompt: The Road Less Traveled | LooknWalk
- Less Traveled | Tommia’s Tablet
- Otherworldly Bridges |
- The Road Less Traveled | bheehappy
- Daily Prompt: The Road Less Traveled – Kisses for Sparky | The Daily Dilly Dally
- Daily Prompt : The Road Less Traveled | Valley Girl Gone Country
- A Marriage Continued | Sorta-Ginger
- Daily Prompt: Paths and Choices | SERENDIPITY
There was a really long list for this one as it inspired a lot of writers.
What is your take on this prompt?
I would love to hear your comments.