Daily Prompt: Moment of Kindness
Describe a moment of kindness, between you and someone else — loved one or complete stranger.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us KINDNESS.
Thanks for the great idea, Archita!
It was a rainy Spring night. It seemed that it had rained for days on end. I was recouperating from a gall bladder surgery and from an infection in my teeth due to the gall bladder. I was due to have all of my teeth extracted. No matter what I tried to eat, it did not agree with me. The headaches from the vomiting were overpowering. To lift my head from the pillow was an effort. My hubby was sick on the couch with the flu, hoping I would not catch it.
The dogs did not realize this however and still needed to go out. On one of our trips during the late night, my left leg (with the sciatic nerve damage) decided not to work as I went to come back up two small stairs to enter the house. My left rib cage became one with the brick exterior of the house. Dropping to my knees, unable to breathe let alone shout out, I crawled to the bedroom. Gasping for air and a comfortable place to lay, I fell back to sleep eventually.
The next morning, as if an angel had sent her, a friend called to see how I was feeling. It was as if she could sense it in my voice. Not only did she come over and checked my ribs (she is a registered nurse), she helped wrap my ribs to help me breathe easier. She took a list and money and went to the store for me. She bought groceries and pet food to help us get through. She not only went to the store, she stopped at two different stores to help me save money.
She has a very busy life. Her hubby is away in Kuwait, and they have six children. The children are busy with out of school activities as well as school functions. In her spare time, she still finds time for the gym and for her friends.
This was not a random act of kindness, this is how she is every day. For this I say thank you so much. I can never repay your kindess. The deep love that I feel is always there and the appreciation will always stand higher than any mountain top. Can we ever tell anyone how we feel enough…
Here are what other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
- A Moment of Kindness | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Moment of Kindness | The Educated Illiterates
- Daily Prompt: Moment of Kindness « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Moment of Kindness | Stevie’s Words
- The Joke of the Day | Daily Prompt: Moment of Kindness | likereadingontrains
- Return To Innocence | as long as i’m singing
- Daily Prompt: Kindness | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- kindness | Taking time, making time
- Moments of Kindness | Nanuschka’s Blog
- An Act of Kindness in Space | Things To Rave About
- Daily Prompt: Moment of Kindness | unknowinglee
- 36. The Painting Party | Sofie’s Diary
- Daily Prompt – Kindness in a Meal | Create & Motivate!
- Moment of Kindness: Do I Suck? | Mary Angelini Photography
- A Thief No More (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Our dog has curves! Wooo~ |
- DP – 7 Acts of Kindness | Cozy Compulsions @ Midnight
- Be kind to your soul | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Learning to Use the Remote | windandlaughter
- Moment of Kindness | Tamara’s Mid-Life Crisis @ 30
- My experiences with people with disabilities. Why are we so uncomfortable around them? | Hera Pereira
- Daily Prompt: Wicker has no place indoors | stuffy tales
- Daily Prompt – Moment of Kindness | hometogo232
- Daily Prompt: Wicker has no place indoors | Someday I Will Learn
- The Adventure of Ann Netherton (Short Fiction) | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Kindness of Others | The White Coat Chronicles
- A Child’s Eyes | Lewis Cave
- The Wisdom of Kindness | Sanjuro Tokage’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Moment Of Kindness With Mom | Mindful Splatter
- Blindness to Kindness | clarior e tenebris
- I like my Bike | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: Moment of Kindness | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Human Kindness… | Haiku By Ku
- Canine Kindness | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Daily Prompt: Moment of Kindness : The Clumsy Girl and the Homeless Man | Inside the Mind of a Crazy Cat Lady
- Moment of Kindness | The Nameless One
- Do you believe in guardian angels? | From Five to Fifty
- Kindness to a Stranger | The Rider