Daily Prompt: Bookworm
Tell us about the last book you read (Why did you choose it? Would you recommend it?).
To go further, write a post based on its subject matter.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us WORDS.
I have had two books sitting on my shelf that I have been reading. For some reason, reading does not come as easy to me now that I am older as it did in my youth.
Not counting my Kindle subscription for http://www.magazines.com/crochet-today
I read that every month when it comes out as I have students who need new patterns. I also did not include all my cookbooks as they are reference books.
The most intriguiging book that I actually did audio was debated when I was in college and I was in the Literary Guild. I was on the panel and due to the book being auditory I picked up a lot that the basic reader on the panel did not.
The audio version was more indepth and you could feel what the author was getting across by the tones of the voices. I do not kiss and tell so you are on your own to find out details. I am not the person who sits in the room and tells you the ending of the movie before it is over.
My next purchase is to get the two hard cover books on audio. I seem to actually get through books much better that way. Since my kindle died due to being plugged into the wrong outlet, I have to decide what new one I want to get. That will start me on my way to my audio adventure.
Here are what other Daily Prompt Writer’s had to say on this Father’s Day (Happy Fathers Day to even the single moms).
- The Radical Practice of Loving Everyone | Katherine’s Daughter
- Reading The Silmarillion a second, third, fourth time around | Geek Ergo Sum
- The Name of the Rose | Daily Prompt: Bookworm | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt – Bookworm | GlitterFlutterby
- Daily Prompt: Bookworm – show us WORDS. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Words | بيسان
- Daily Prompt: Bookworm « Mama Bear Musings
- Matthew Vett’s Development Blog
- The Golden Notebook, Not My Cup Of Tea On A Rainy Afternoon | Brush Strokes And Scribbled Thoughts
- “North by Northwestern;” Reality Without The Drama | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Bookworm | Reveries of Forevers
- The Clean (Book)Plate Club | Spirit Lights The Way
- Daily Prompt: Bookworm | suzie81’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Bookworm — Where books live … | SERENDIPITY
- Bargain Books Aren’t Always A Bargain | Spirit Lights The Way
- 13 Books That Changed My Life | Spirit Lights The Way
- The Forty Rules of Love – Daily Prompt – WORDS | The be-all and end-all
- reading Jest: David Foster Wallace & me | poetlandia
- City of Women | What?????
- In The Middle of A Casual Vacancy « Fly for Icarus
- Daily Prompt: Bookworm // 365 Day 141 | AmiLoo’s Photography
- Daily Prompt: Bookworm | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Connection matter | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Daily Prompts; Bookworm | terry1954
- “Inferno” – Dan Brown | windandlaughter
- What are words without pictures? | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Bookworm | Edge of the Forest
- Daily Prompt: Bookworm | Completely Disappear
- Stop the Human Trafficking! | The Rider
- Daily Post: Book About a Couple of Chapters Missing From the Bible | Iam Who Iam
- “Wedding Night,” Sisterly Love, and Purple Sneakers | Nerd.Laugh.Love
- Daily Prompt: Words | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Quiet… | Hope* the happy hugger
- The last book I read | Cultural Life
- Insanity! | Nanuschka’s Blog
What is your book that you are currently reading? Do you have one you are struggling through? Let me hear about it.