Daily Prompt: Freedom of Facebook
Facebook has recently come under attack for failing to enforce its own guidelines on hate speech and violent imagery.
Is it a website’s job to moderate the content its users post, or should users have complete freedom?
That is an intriguing question. I have tried to post a few videos from You Tube that are on our own site and Face Book has come back and told me no. I thought that there was monitoring of the website. Did the people who used to monitor have to find a new job? There is a filter that is available for the site whereas you can block out certain items such as nudity and pornography or violence. Has this filter been removed?
Is there a happy medium?
There is usually a happy medium to all situations. It may not be the expected outcome, yet a compromise on all sides does help the situation.
If so, how would you structure it?
Hiring more employees who have a specific job might be a great place to start. I understand cross training as it helps a company when it loses employees and someone else is pretrained in that field. The employee can slide into the alternate position with ease and not feel the pressure of a new job. The company continues to run efficiently. Perhaps Face Book should look at how the employees are structured and look at a new scheme in the work place. Losing 15 to 20 employees at the same time does hurt a company. That is when restructure is necessary.
It might mean that the CEO and the Board take a few less vacations abroad. They might want to listen to their employees and see where the internal problems lie. That seems like a smart place to start.
Here are what other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
- Freedom of Facebook – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Be the Echo | Daily Prompt: Freedom of Facebook | likereadingontrains
- Freedom of Facebook | Geek Ergo Sum
- Everyday Adventures | Daily Prompt: Freedom of Facebook
- 29.5 Daily Prompt: Freedom of Facebook | family photos food & craft
- Daily Prompt: Freedom of Facebook | Let There be Peace on Earth
- Daily Prompt: Freedom of Facebook « Mama Bear Musings
- Freedom of FaceBook | Angel Frouk
- Daily Prompt: Freedom Of Facebook | suzie81’s Blog
- Behavior Rating 101: A Daily Prompt Response | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Is Facebook Two-Faced? | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Freedom of Facebook or Facebook Hates Me | What a Witch
- “My arm-y up my sleeve-y!” | Relax…
- Freedom of Facebook « Overcoming to Becoming
- A Little Bit Free | Tony’s Texts
- Freedom of Facebook | Nanuschka’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Freedom of Facebook | بيسان