Daily Prompt: Say Your Name
Write about your first name: Are you named after someone or something? Are there any stories or associations attached to it? If you had the choice, would you rename yourself?
Photographers, show us YOU.
|The name Tammye is of English origin.The meaning of Tammye is “palm tree”.
Tammye, is generally used as a girl’s name. It consists of 6 letters and 2 syllables and is pronouncedTa-mmye.
In 2012, it was not one of the top 1000 most popular U.S. girls names.
View the Tammye Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Tammye has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Tammye to other names.
Tammye has no nicknames.
Tammye falls into the tree name category. http://www.ourbabynamer.com/meaning-of-Tammye.html
|The name Emmanuel is of Hebrew origin.The meaning of Emmanuel is “G-d is with us”.
Emmanuel, is generally used as a boy’s name. It consists of 8 letters and 4 syllables and is pronounced E-ma-nu-el.
In 2012, it ranked 165 out of the top 1000 most popular U.S. boys names.
View the Emmanuel Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Emmanuel has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Emmanuel to other names.
Emmanuel has the diminutive (nickname) Manny.
Some famous bearers of this name include: Emmanuel Lewis. http://www.ourbabynamer.com/meaning-of-Emmanuel.html
At my age it is a little too late to be thinking about changing my name now. I am established and have an identification so there is no need to even think that way now.
During my years in school I would have rather have been called dog or cat. I was called anything but my name due to the odd spelling. People thought it must be pronounced differently so they would go out of their way to call me something else. I was called Sam by the family in my earlier years due to a cousin who had the name Tommy. When we were together we never knew which of us was being called so I became Sam.
In older years, some how, I picked up the nickname Tabitha or Tabby (thanks to Bewitched). It was easier for people. In high school there had been several years where there were a slew of Tammy’s in our class and all of our parents had been creative in the spellings of our names. The teachers went by what street we lived on to reference us when calling on us. I was Tammye from the country. Everyone else lived in the local village so they were the street names.
Perhaps that is why I am so unique today.
My husband’s family all call him Shane or Shaney. His nickname was from the movie Shane. They think it is funny that he actually goes by Emmanuel or Eman here.
It is all in how you accept your name and learn to live with it. It was easier for me to write eymmaT growing up and some people called me Eya. Just don’t call me late for dinner please.
Now that I live in Tennessee I am either known by Tammye Honey or by Miss Tammye. That is the proper reference to an older woman in the South to add the Miss before the name.
I grew up hearing people sing to me the same song all the time.
What is special about your name?
If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Would love to hear all about it so leave me a comment.
Here are what other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
- They call me The Nameless One | The Nameless One
- Daily prompt name | myguiltypleasures
- Bob Dylan or just Dylan? | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- daily prompt name, thea maria viveka | myguiltypleasures
- “Nanuschka” is not my real name | Nanuschka’s Blog
- !My name is Nadine | بيسان
- A Handsome Name | The Jittery Goat
- What’s in a name? | Right Down My Alley
- 706: Daily Prompt: Say your Name : “What’s in a Name?” | SEVEN Hundred 50
- Daily Prompt: Say Your Name | An Unlikely Gypsy…
- Daily Prompt: Say My Name, Say My Name | The Road to Published
- A man without a last name | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- My name is… | Sue’s Trifles
- My 1st Actually Response To The Daily Prompt | The Girl Who Can’t Write Good Names
- What’s In A Name? My name. | Things To Rave About
- Say my name, but in secret… (Daily Prompt) | The Rider
- What’s In A Name? | Tony’s Texts
- My Name is Nabila, Please Don’t Use It as Your Daughter’s Name | das Nicht-zuhause-sein
- More to the name… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Whits in a name? | Sanjuro Tokage’s Blog
- Het Zelf | Jeroen Mank
- Creatively Deprived Part Two | Self-Help for Creatively Deprived
- A girl with four names | Completely Disappear
- Matthew | Matthew Vett’s Development Blog
- What’s In a Name? | I Am An After School Special
- Identity crisis?! | Daily Prompt: Say your name | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- Hi, I’m Amber. No, I’m Not a Stripper | Quill Takes Flight
I am off to take a road trip so have a great day…