Daily Prompt: Journey
Tell us about a journey — whether a physical trip you took, or an emotional one.
Photographers, show us JOURNEY.
Last night with our house guest was an emotional journey for my hubby. In his mind, he was able to go back in time to a period when he was so familiar with having biked with two friends across South Korea.
So Ho Woo and my hubby sat out by the fire talking about various places in South Korea that my hubby had been. They even discussed a time when my hubby and his buddy’s had came across a funeral procession that they suddenly found themselves a part of.
As the evening progressed, one could hear the sound of laughter from both as they each shared stories. With my hubby and his P.T.S.D., this was a good memory and one well worth discovering all over again.
The discussion of the process of how kimchi is made to the wall that is in South Korea, the topics were broad yet narrow.
God works in mysterious ways as my hubby was able to share with this stranger, things that he knew I might never totally understand. This stranger was able to convey some of the fears that he faced while being on the road alone to travel his journey to Los Angeles. Perhaps the most significance came in two strangers meeting on a road and becoming instant friends. Perhaps a friendship that will last till death.
Of all of the cars that had past this lad on his journey. To be stopped by an individual and asked in Korean if he was hungry. That was the beginning of a journey. One that we will remember for a very long time.
Perhaps the next time you pass a bicyclist on the shoulder of the road, a kind word or offer of food or water might make all the difference to them.
So Ho Woo had an unexplainable bad experience in the Knoxville, TN area to then go to Nashville, TN and spend an entire evening alone.
We are glad that we were able to show him that Tennessee can be friendly and warm.
That kindness does exist out there in the world.
Perhaps others might think twice about laying on the horn and blaring the sound then saluting him with a middle finger as they pass him.
Shame on those motorists who missed out on the chance to take an incredible journey with a young man on a quest.
Here are what other Daily Prompt Writers had to say:
- Let’s go for a drive to Cafe Melba |
- May 26 Daily Prompt: Journey | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Love. Life. | Journey Towards Success
- Homeless | Daily Prompt: Journey | mattsden101
- Daily Prompt: Journey | suzie81’s Blog
- Across the Dunes | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Journey 2 – Italy | suzie81’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Journey 3 – Amsterdam | suzie81’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Journey 4 – City Views | suzie81’s Blog
- My First Time to Step on Another Island | Daily Prompt: Journey | likereadingontrains
- No Vision – no Courage | A Teacher’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Journey | SmithPixels
- A personal Apocalypse | A Teacher’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Journey « Mama Bear Musings
- 150. Traveling with a baby!!! Daily Prompt | Sofie’s Diary
- First Manic Journey: London Calling | The Magic Black Book
- Coming Into Grace | Katherine’s Daughter
- Health Journey Reboot: week 1, Burlesque and My Snatch | Not a Diet Story
- Japantag 2013 | MyBlog – solaner
- Walking the Suffolk Coast 1 (i) | The Essex Coast
- Journey | Sue’s Trifles
- Walking on my path… | Hope* the happy hugger
- You can do much more than what you think. | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- The Right Apparel For An Emotional Journey | The Jittery Goat
- You never know how strong you are…| Daily Prompt: Journey | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- Title Needed | charlottesville winter
- Daily Prompt: Journey | بيسان
- Nothing Like Georgia! | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Daily Prompt: Journey | The Scarletredish Rack
- Life stories: a Journey | Michael Writes
- Daily Prompt: Journey | The Educated Illiterates
- Memo 2 | jjmjmm1
- Dream & Journey with Us for Global Healing June 8 | 350 Dreamers
- Daily Prompt: Journey | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: It’s A Trip | One Starving Activist
- An All Girls’ Journey | Kat’s Den
- May 26 Daily Prompt: Good-Bye China | Left to Write
- Spiritual Travel: Destination or Process? | The Lifepath Dialogues
- Just Another Beautiful Life! | Journey Called Life …
- Journey of Freedom… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Journey – An Irish Honeymoon | SERENDIPITY
- My Journey through the Working World | Practical Business
- Daily Photo Prompt: Journey | Jennifer Nichole Wells
- The journey: the very early signs | Sheep in a basket
- Daily Prompt: Journey | IN THE WONDER…
- The Journey: Daily Prompt | Venti Mocha Moments
- The Journey… (Daily Prompt) | The Rider
- Journey | I Work for a Jerk
- Journey | Code Name Incog
- How Charles Osgood Helped Save My Life | The Office of Iguana Flats
- Daily Prompt: Journey | vetweet
- Daily Prompt: Tainted | Morrighan’s Muse