Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses
Write down the first sight, sound, smell, and sensation you experienced on waking up today. Pick the one you’re most drawn to, and write. (For a bigger challenge, pick the one you’re least drawn to.)
Photographers, show us one of the five senses — bonus points for depicting a smell!
Before the mask came off the eyes, the feel of the dog at her back and the one at her feet stirring told her it was time. The cat gently tugging at her mask with his whimpers to be fed was a clear indication of time.
She was not in need of an alarm clock. The sound of the rooster outside in the distance that was crowing was just as clear as the owl in the tree just outside the window. Begging for a few more minutes was not an option.
Hearing the steady sound of the ceiling fan above as each rotation brought a cooling breeze across her was so relaxing. To just stay in this position and not move would be wonderful.
The faint aroma of coffee getting stronger with every sound of the purk of the huge 30 cup that her hubby had started, anticipating her arrival in the kitchen to get her first cup.
It was time. As she layed there and quietly said to the animals “Potty Time”, the room filled with noise like a three ring circus. Dogs dancing in circles, while the cat was doing a tight rope act across the dresser to not be trampled by the huge elephant sized dog below.
She herself does a quick slip into the tiny bathroom that is tucked in the corner of the bedroom as her day has begun.
Taking the dogs to the door and meeting the cats in the laundry room to give them their food. Letting the dogs back in and letting the cats out. Her thoughts are that in her former life she must have made a great doorman.
Off to grab that cup of coffee, do the late night dishes of her hubby’s snacks and then on to her blog site to see what adventures await her before her day of housework and work were to begin. That was what one called “All in a day’s work”.
What is your morning routine like? Is it the same or different every day?
Do you take time to smell the aroma of the ions in the air from the rain about the begin or the aroma from the brewing of the coffee?
Leave me a comment an let me know.
Here are what some other Daily Prompt Writers had to say on the subject:
- Cigarettes and Cheesecake | The Magic Black Book
- An English breakfast | Geek Ergo Sum
- vicariously in love with you
- Early in the morning | vicariously in love with you
- Nothing Really Stands Out | Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | likereadingontrains
- Feed your senses | Nanuschka’s Blog
- It Shouldn’t Be Strange, But Somehow Is | Ramisa the Authoress
- The Best Sensation Of The Day | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses « Mama Bear Musings
- Birds Feed my Senses | بيسان
- Oh for the sounds of silence… Especially at stupid o’clock. | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | suzie81’s Blog
- Feed your senses- (Daily Prompt) | The Rider
- Feed your senses | mcpw
- Lilacs And Dog Breath | The Temenos Journal
- 18.5 Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | family photos food & craft
- Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Sense It | Travellin’ Thru Rambles
- Marriage in Limbo: The In-Between State
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Playing for Time
- Smoky Dreams | Virginia Views
- Hairy Scary Eyeball | HpWpBp
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | L’S THOUGHTS….
- smack smacks | thematticuskingdom
- A Temporary Loss of Sight (and Sense) « The Robotic Hermit
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- My Alarm Clock… | Haiku By Ku
- Rise and Shine | aishaditta
- Wake Up Call – 3 Part Haiku | Cozy Compulsions @ Midnight
- The bizarre day to Sleep Alone | Completely Disappear
- Nausea, Ugh… | Donbury Pond
- Cabo no rabo e pá de terra por cima | SCOMBROS
- Noise | Positivity Prevails
- Feed your senses | A Teacher’s Blog
- DP – Feed Your Senses | Life With Pink Princesses
- Feed Your Senses – Kids, Coffee & Pancakes | Khana’s Web
- Feeding the senses | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | My Endless Rants & Ramblings
- Write down the first sight, sound, smell, and | A Sign Of Life
- Daily Post: The Sense of Intuition | A Sign Of Life
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Nomad Scribbles
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Postcards from
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | The Tarot Alchemist
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Missing You | Angelyn’s Crimes of Passion
- The OCD Leaf-blower and How he makes my Ears Bleed | Style and a Story
- “Houston” & The Five Senses | Chasing Rabbit Holes
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Running After Ale
- Sensing the Senses | Code Name Incog
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | writinglikeastoner
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | The Blogging Path
- May 18 Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | Nadeen’s Reading Corner
- Feed your senses! | Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | phoenix journies: a story about starting over
- Senses of a Sunday morning | Freya’s Halls
- i wake and i sleep | Bubonicboon
- Daily Prompt: Feed Your Senses | biancadventures
Thank you for reading,