Daily Prompt: It’s a Text, Text, Text, Text World
How do you communicate differently online than in person, if at all?
How do you communicate emotion and intent in a purely written medium?
I am not a fan of the text or the chat box. I end up giving my telephone number and asking the person to call me.
Even answering a text message on the phone if it has to go into detail will end up being that way.
I love skype as I can actually talk to the person and type at the same time so if they don’t understand then I can speak.
My hubby uses the Skype for questions regarding Tupperware. This way he can explain the answers that customers have regarding the product. It would be just too much to type.
Here is what some other Daily Prompt Writers had to say on the subject as I go to clean my keyboard from the spilled coffee of the first cup this morning:
- Weekly Photo Challenge ABOVE | 2013 Weekly Photo Challenge Blog
- Imagining the author | idiotisms
- May 4 Daily Prompt: It’s a Text, Text, Text, Text World | Nadeen’s Corner
- Not the Boy Who Cried Wolf | Daily Prompt: It’s a Text, Text, Text, Text World | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: It’s a Text, Text, Text, Text, World « Mama Bear Musings
- 6 The Big News: DPChallenge | Sofie’s Diary
- Netizen/Citizen | Sofistikeyted
- I Don’t Want To Be Politically Correct I Just Want To Be Left Alone | The Jittery Goat
- Ghost in the Machine | Matthew Vett’s Development Blog
- Daily Prompt: It’s a Text, Text, Text, Text World | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Let’s talk | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: it’s A Text, Text, Text World | Morrighan’s Muse
Stay dry and stay safe,