Daily Prompt: Prized Possession
Describe an item you were incredibly attached to as a child. What became of it?
As a child I can never remember having a favorite doll or teddy bear or special anything. No toys that I can remember except for a tricycle that I out grew and gave to a neighbor child who was younger than I was when I received a two wheel bike with training wheels that never touched the ground.
For my own children they had their toys… My oldest was an Elmo child.
My youngest had a small stuffed lion that went everywhere with her.
My oldest still has every Elmo that she ever owned in her attic.
Not certain what ever happened to the lion…I think it sort of fell apart from all of the washings that it received through the years.
What was your favorite item growing up? Do you still have it? Did you pass it on to your children?
Would love to hear about it…leave me a comment.
Here are what some other Daily Prompt Writers had to say on the subject:
- Ilya Fostiy. Clone | Inside My Schizophrenic Mind
- Prized Possession – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Daily Prompt: Prized Possession | pandora’s island 2
- You’re the Beary Best! | Misifusa’s Blog
- 57/365 – childhood attachment | Camera Girl
- Daily Prompt: Prized Possession | To Name a Few | Loading…
- Books of my grandfather, or what you need French for | Standing Ovation, Seated