Weekly Photo Challenge: Future Tense
For the past two days, Miss Shelby decided that she wanted to come into the world a week early. Her grandmother is in Michigan and due out next week the day before she was due. A baby comes when they want to. Her wonderful parents, Amanda and Jeff asked me if I would like to join them in helping with the birth as a coach. I was honored.
After an all night session of contractions between three to five minutes apart after my arriving at the hospital at 7PM, he water broke at 4AM. They had been giving her Pitocin in her IV to help encourage the contractions and actually stopped it at one point during the night to try and slow them down.
Shelby had a tough time coming into this world as the umbilical cord was not only wrapped around her neck, it was wrapped several times around her body. She obviously liked the comfort of the womb. Being Joined by a wonderful RN friend of the group, Christy was a wonderful asset in the witnessing and assistance of this birth. It was nice to have an extra RN in the room who was off duty.
Once out, she really made her voice of the future heard. She is the future tense. It was a pleasure to have been a part of this celebration. To watch the proud father cutting the umbilical cord and be handed the baby with the mother was an absolute honor and a site that is not soon to be forgotten. More photos will follow on my blog as they are processed.
If you would like to post a Weekly Photo Challenge, here is the scoop on what it is about:
From heartfelt hopes about exam results, or being noticed by that oblivious boy in your class, to wishes for a prosperous or healthy future, you can think of them as prayers and hopes made manifest and left in public. In today’s challenge we want you to grab an image from your world that holds the promise or portent of the future. It could be:
- As everyday as the experience of waiting for a bus or train.
- As abstract as something that symbolizes your ambitions or hopes for the future.
- A note, prayer or promise jotted on a napkin or cross-stitched with exquisite tenderness.
- The promise or portent of spring, sunrise, or storm in nature.
- A street candid of someone nervously waiting on their date to arrive.
- A piano falling from a third storey flat into the oncoming path of an adorable kitten. Or any other action about to take place.
- Anything that involves the present and a hint of the future all in one frame.
We spend so much of our lives thinking back, or looking ahead, and even though a photo captures only one moment in time, with a bit of thought it can freeze the process of moving forward, or the promise of things to come. Your challenge this week is to seal one such moment in amber.
I’m looking forward to seeing your visions of the future, daydreams, and wishes frozen in time.
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag. You can also link to this post to create a pingback here and to encourage more people to participate.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.
Thank you for reading,