Exploring Video: Three One-Minute Videos to Shoot with Your
Phone Right Now
Earlier this week, Elizabeth talked about adding video to your posts to bring a new dimension to the experience for your readers, and Cheri gave you the lowdown on Video Shortcodes. Today, let’s look at three videos you could shoot and publish to your blog in the space of a few minutes, via the magic of your phone.
As you might have noticed, we have mobile WordPress apps coming out of our ears (in the best possible sense of something good coming out of ears that you can imagine), so whether you have a Nokia, Blackberry, iPhone, Windows Phone, or any other phone, chances are there’s an app that will make it easy for you to shoot some video and post it right to your blog without ever cracking your laptop open.
FOR THE INTROVERTS This is the one of three that I chose…
The idea of posting a video of yourself talking for all the world to see gives you a sudden break-out of hives. No sweat, here’s one for you:
- Find three *objects* that speak volumes about who you are. It might be a beloved camera. Your magic power rock. The charred bones of your dearly departed hamster Mr. Schnoozles. You decide.
- Arrange them within fairly close proximity.
- If the idea of speaking horrifies you, make nice big explanations of what they are and what they mean with giant text on nice big pieces of paper. If it doesn’t, hit up step 4.
- Now, you’re going to video these three objects for 20 seconds a pop and tell us what they are and what they mean to you. If you opted for option 3, you won’t tell us, you’ll simply have to whisk your giant pieces of paper into the video at the appropriate moments.
- STOP as soon as you hit 60 seconds. There you have it. Post this vision of introverted, thrice-removed self revelation to your blog. Right now. Go. Do it. You can do it. Post!
hope this works
My final answer to this was to send the video from my phone to my email and try to post on here to find that Word Press does not support that type of video…at least I learned something after playing with this post all day…don’t try it again unless I want to spend close to $70.00 for the recommended attachments to Word Press to make it work…my answer, I can blog without it.