Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited
Sure, you turned out pretty good, but is there anything you wish had been different about your childhood? If you have kids, is there anything you wish were different for them?
Truthfully, every parent will say that they would have liked to have had more for their children or an easier life.
If this were to have happened though, would they appreciate the finer things in life? They too have struggled to achieve a better life for themselves and an awesome life for their children.
We have to ask ourselves if we had found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow would we have stopped there?
Would I have the drive at my age that I have now? Would I still be willing to teach eager students who want to learn?
Would I have met the loving hubby that I have today? I would not trade that for anything.
Would I have my same animals that I have today? I love them all like children.
That is a tough question. As far as revisiting my childhood…would not want to do. To redo that would be rewriting history and possibly opening up wounds that were closed with stitches and have long since healed properly.
Check out what other Word Press Daily Prompt Writers thought on this issue:
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited … It was not the Brady Bunch | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- Stop Child Abuse! « My thoughts, My life
- If I could turn back time… « Q the Adult
- Childhood Revisited | Ramblin’ On
- Back to the Future. « ayimas
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « Family Photos Food & Craft
- I Ain’t Like Sinatra; I Had Regrets, More Than A Few | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited | The Evolving Dad
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « Brad’s Blog
- Seesaws | One for the Big Guy.. sometimes.
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited…I hate visiting. | ThesesLittlePieces
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited | …and she writes
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « Completely Disappear
- Daily Prompt: Childhood revisited « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss