Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House
Your home is on fire. Grab five items (assume all people and animals are safe). What did you grab?
It could perhaps be our age, which has given us plenty of time to think about something like this or is it our location? We are very susceptible to tornadoes in an instant with very little warning.
Being prepared ahead for those keeps my purse packed with our vital information that sits right near my door in my office. Our medications that are mandatory are in a basket and can be moved in a moments notice.
Our important files are in a waterproof, fire proof file cabinet. The other items in our home are material items and can be replaced. Even clothing from the local Goodwill would supply us with clothes for our backs.
Since the people are safe and the animals are safe, I am still pondering what the other three things are and if there would be time to actually get them. Would they really be worth risking my life to get?
What was your thoughts on this? Leave me a comment and let me know… what should I have grabbed? What was precious and what was necessary to survive for the next day was already with us.
I should also add that the back of our truck is packed for an overnight at a vendor show at all times with spare clothing, warm blankets, cots, a cooler of water and a cooler of snacks (including my hubby’s franks and beans cans). There is silverware, cups, tables, chairs, sleeping bags, etc.
A bible? I can walk down the road and purchase from the local church that I can see from my front door. That also becomes a material item since God is already with me and in my heart.
Read below to see what other bloggers were smart enough to take and their thoughts:
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House or that bushfire was too close for comfort! | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- Daily Post: Burning Down the House | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Fire! « Q the Adult
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House | The Gozum Show
- Fire! « sat n’ all that
- Burning Down the House « So You Think You Can Think
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down The House | Daily Promptness
- Fire! 5 items to be grabbed | بيسان
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House | LooknWalk
- Daily Prompt: Burning down the house « Talk About Cheesecake
- What Matters Most « theseeker
- Grab it All. « ayimas
- Burning down the house « Adventures of an Aussie Girl in London
- Grabbing pieces of me | Pigments of Life
- ICE and Fire « Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House | Tita Rita
- Burning Down!!! | Beyond Beauty Tips
- January Daily Prompt: 5 Takes « Portofolio Prita
- How much time do I have? | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House | Adventures We Seek
- DP: Burning Down the House « My thoughts, My life
- The Roof, The Roof, The Roof is on Fire | Misanthropic Muse
- Burn It Down | The Nameless One
- “It’ll be a hot time, in the old town, tonight!” | thematticuskingdom
- Burning down the house… « Hope* the happy hugger
- Inferno « theloneshewolf
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House | Stuphblog
Stay safe today and have a wonderful day…try to make it a happy one as if all were going to be gone tomorrow… enjoy your day
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House (jdcgzm.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Burning Down the House (yourfriendmel.wordpress.com)
- Burning Down the House (soyouthinkyoucanthink.wordpress.com)