Daily Prompt: Ode to a Playground
A place from your past or childhood, one that you’re fond of, is destroyed. Write it a memorial.
I sat and pondered this prompt for a bit this morning and was glad it was not the ten minute drill of a few days ago. https://layedbacklife.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/daily-prompt-ready-set-go-or-maybe/
When I was growing up there were not the elaborate parks that you see today. Children played ball in the streets in their neighborhood. Parents would sit on their stoops and watch the children play. Parents would park their cars in drive ways so that the streets were cleared and the games began.
Those children are the ones who have designed the elaborate playgrounds of today where children do not have to stop the play to allow cars to pass.
When I moved to the country, my playground was an apple orchard, where I played with a horse that I rode out there with a few books and a packed lunch for both of us to spend the day.
For a treat, when my children were younger I used to take them to Old Forge, New York to Enchanted Forest Water Safari where they would enjoy dry and water rides from sun up to sun down. Now the park even opens after dark in another area for night time fun. Every thing from a car wash and baby pool for the infant to go carts and huge water slides for the dare devils.
Times have changed in so many ways. Today a parent can’t just say go play outside with your friends. The parent has to be on a constant watch of the children. A fenced in yard is a must have when purchasing a home with small children and there is no such thing as “Block Parties” anymore. People barely know their neighbors.
Have a delightful day and read below for other bloggers and their ideas on this subject:
- Daily Prompt: Ode to a Playground | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
- Daily Post: Ode to a Playground | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Rest Well Slide Mountain « Q the Adult
- Daily Prompt: Ode to a Playground | Pony Rides at the Zoo | Loading…
- Our Summer Home In the 1950′s | Daily Promptness
- Monday Morning – Humour Me « theseeker
- Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Ode to a Playground | Rolbos ©
- Memorial to a Mall | Sorta Ginger: Ramblings of a Quasi-Redhead
- Ode to Golden Bell | Drama Queen Under the Sun
- A memorial of my beautiful childhood. « ayimas
- Dear School « Sue’ s considered trifles
- Candlepin | One for the Big Guy.. sometimes.
- Daily Prompt: Ode to a Playground | The Blogging Path
- Daily Prompt~ Oh, Daddy, so glad you didn’t live to see this happen. « The Cheeky Diva
- Daily Prompt: Ode to a Playground | Burning Fire Shut Up In My Bones
- Ode to a Playground | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Ode to a Playground « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
Thank you for reading
- New playground opens at Plaza Independencia (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Daily Prompt~ Oh, Daddy, so glad you didn’t live to see this happen. (thecheekydiva.com)
- Edmonton International Airport Expands, Adds Two New Soft Play Areas (prweb.com)
- Daily Prompt: Ready, Set Go (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)